Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January Cake


For January I made two MP3 player mini cakes. I made a yellow cake with chocolate icing to give it some flavor. I baked the cakes in half sheet pans so I could cut out the rectangles. After the rectangles were cut out I stacked them and then carved the so they had rounded edges. Once the cake was frosted I covered them with fondant. Then I painted them. One of them was blue and the other was green. I was supposed to add the little control buttons onto each of the cakes, but I was really frustrated with the gum-paste.  I could not get the shapes to look right. I finally gave up on the controls and left the MP3s as they were. I was very disappointed with the outcome of the cakes, but they were one of the more difficult cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment